Friday, April 9, 2010

Dorks are hawt

And away I go...again. Installment...4, 5? Who's keeping track anyway? Dorks are hot! This should probably read 'SOME' dorks are hot. Let's get this clear, by dorks I mean the smart, slightly dishevelled, little to no fashion sense, but gives it a go, and has some factor of physical attractiveness...even if it's hidden beneath a Battlestar Gallactica t-shirt. Example you ask? Let's look at the Mac vs. PC commercial guys. Dorky, bright, witty, jean-cladden, young Mac guy=hot. Dorky, uptight, bad haircut, frumpy, easily offended PC guy=not! The dorky-hot factor, in my opinion is the ability to not be overly self-conscious to the point of displaying every name brand you think is trendy, primping, and basically puffing out your chest at every opportunity, all the while paying absolutely little no attention to anyone but yourself. The successfully hot dork may also be self conscious, but is able to be comfortable in himself and is at ease with his awkwardness. THIS my dorky readers is called 'endearing'. Popular show as of late..'Big Bang Theory'. A group of four friends who are physicists and other variants of genius. They are all, on some level endearing. Some are misguided in ways of luring female attention, some are just hopelessly shy and one is so full of himself and his brain he's the socially impossible egg to crack, but of course he's the one women want to break. At the start of this blog, I stated SOME dorks are hot, which means some are not. Bill Gates! He may be a brilliant mind and businessman, but a no-go for me. I guess it really is all relative, but I'd have to look that up. I have a Mac with a built in dictionary and thesaurus...I too am dork...hence HOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment